Monday, June 22, 2009
June 22, 2009 Meeting Agenda and Audio
June 22, 2009 Agenda for Pere Marquette Facility Closure Meeting
Purpose: State Facility Closure Act Hearing
Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice, Pere Marquette Youth Center
Monday, June 22, 2009 - 3:30 p.m.
Pere Marquette Lodge & Conference Center; Grafton, IL 62037
- Call to Order by Commission Co-Chairmen
- Senator Jeffrey Schoenberg/Representative Richard Myers
- Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice
- Kurt Friedenauer, Director, Dept. of Juvenile Justice
- Timothy McLean, Chief Officer of Intergovernmental Relations
- Elected Officials
- Tom Thompson, Mayor of Grafton
- Tom Hoechst, Mayor of Alton
- Pamela Heitzig, Chair of Jersey County Board
- Employee Organizations
- Ed Caumiant, AFSCME Council 31 Regional Director for Southern Illinois
- Ron Gray, Counselor at IYC Pere Marquette
- Susanne Rensing, Educator at IYC Pere Marquette
- Others: Associations, Employees, Citizens, Interested Parties
- Charles Fasano, Director Prisons and Jails Program, John Howard Assoc.
- Ashley Newton, IYC Pere Marquette Graduate
Meeting audio may be downloaded by using a right click on the audio icon and "Saving As". To listen, you must have a media player already installed, otherwise, download and install one from the following link.